COVID 19 Policy and Procedures
Following recently updated guidance (12th May 2020) from NHS England and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
I am pleased to announce that we are able to offer 'face to face' consultations, where clinically appropriate at selected sites and times.
We shall also continue to offer remote consultations for patients. Any patients requesting a 'face to face' consultation will undergo a brief telephone consultation assess clinical need for a face to face and screen for any additional risk factors.
Where assessed as appropriate patients will be offered a face to face consultation. After the initial face to face consultation it will be agreed between the patient and therapist whether future treatment sessions can be delivered remotely or will be a need for ongoing face to face sessions.
• Face to face appointments will only be offered to patients where effective treatment cannot reasonably be carried out remotely - patients will receive telephone screening consultation prior to being offered a face to face appointment.
• We shall be significantly increasing the level and frequency of cleaning for our clinic sites. Our clinics will be undergoing regular deep cleans to ensure we maintain highest levels of hygiene within the clinic.
• All patients and staff are advised not to attend our clinic if they are displaying possible signs of COVID-19 or if they should be self-isolating under current government guidelines.
• The waiting room will not be in open for patients attending face to face appointments. Patients are therefore asked to wait in their car until they are signalled to enter the premises. Appointments will be arranged with a minimum of 15 minutes gaps between to ensure social distancing guidelines can be maintained (2 metres are kept between patients)
• In line with the advice of Public Health England clinicians will be wearing all the necessary PPE including surgical masks, gloves and aprons at all times during your appointment. If there is any chance of 'splash back' from bodily fluids e.g. during exercise, acupuncture or manual therapy, your clinician will wear a visor or eye protection.
• We will be operating a significantly reduced service to minimise the number of patients and staff in the clinic at one time
• We will be extending our opening hours to spread the flow of patients evenly throughout the day
• Between each patient we will allow 15 minutes to deep clean all surfaces using disinfectant and change the necessary PPE
• We can guarantee you these measures will not affect your standard of care
Please contact us on 07966 305391 or by email at email@example.com
with any enquiries or to book a virtual or face to face appointment. We are here to help in any way we can with your health and safety our number one priority.